DetailsStrength Shop Thor Ballista.
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- Excellent product for all kinds of training
- This is the single best bit of kit I've invested in for the gym. I've had multiple injuries over the years and a shoulder reconstruction so I'm ultra careful about lifting heavy again like I did in my youth. Being old and having a child I train at strange times so the days of having a regular spotter are long behind me. The ballista takes all the pressure off your shoulders and keeps your form honest so you train the right muscles, the support at the bottom of the movement gives you confidence to push harder when you train alone without a spotter. Alternatively even with a spotter you could go much heavier doing more yourself. For me it's so versatile I would recommend it to anyone who trains seriously or thought their serious training days were behind them!
- Quality and Price
Great quality product! I've bought this to replace a Marc Bell Slingshot. I'd had an 'Orginal' Slingshot and after a year it started to fray and come apart. I messaged the UK importer and they said it was pretty common. As it was over a year old they refused to replace it. It hadn't had much use either.
However the point of this review is that straight away I can see this is a lot better quality. Feels better too. Sizes quoted by StrengthShop are true as well, so a good guide to follow.
Works well to overload your bench, so a great training tool to push trough plateaus.
Highly recommend and great price point to. Thanks again StrengthShop for brining a good quailty for a good price.
- Simple idea that works.
- Simple but great idea. Helps take pressure off an injured shoulder whilst enabling your chest to get benefits of a bench press. Seems to add a good 5% or more to bench press.
- Big arms, tight!
- If your arms are over 18" then you will definitely need help putting this on, but it will assist your bench.
- Great bench press aid!
Had my doubts when I first bought this Ballsita. But those were short lived! This allowed me to rep my one rep max of 140Kg for 3-4 (Can't quite remember) after doing some heavy raw benching. and after reping the 140 I then pressed 150Kg.
You still do alot of the pressing! all this will do is help you out of the stick zone, but you lock it out, and you lower it. Obviously this is a treat, use it once a month, twice at most.
All in all a great product for a great price!
- Excellent product
- Really impressed with the THOR ballista, will add 15+kg to your bench press, keeps you in good form and feels very well made.
- Ballista Review
- Good bit of kit for overload work on the bench or for just getting your form back in the groove after a lay off or injury. I'm a raw bencher and have used it myself to overload the bench (gives me around 5-7% on top of my 1RM) to get a feel for heavier weight in my hand as it supports the elbows and helps you get the weight off your chest but then leaves you to lock it out yourself.