Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions
- Unless the context otherwise provides, the following definitions shall have the meanings set against them respectively:
- ‘Contract’ - The agreement between the Company and the Customer for the Company to provide the Service, constituted by these terms and conditions and any other written documents or verbal agreements between the parties.
- ‘Customer’ - The customer of the Company for whom the Service is being provided.
- ‘Service’ or ‘Services’- The service or services, without any limitation, which the Company has undertaken for the Customer pursuant to the Contract.
- ‘Third Party’ or ‘Third Parties’ - Any person or organisation not being the Company or the Customer.
- (a) The Customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment of any amount properly payable under the Contract on account of any disputed claim by the Customer in respect of other goods or services provided by the Company or any alleged breach of the Contract, or any other Contract between The Company and the Customer. The Customer shall not be entitled to set-off or otherwise deduct from any amount properly payable to The Company any monies which are allegedly due from the Company to the Customer.
- (b) Full payment must be received from the Customer before the Company can begin the process / confirm orders.
- (a) While the Company endeavours to ensure the delivery on the date which the Customer has requested, it cannot be held responsible for any loss, direct or otherwise, accruing to the Customer as a result of error or delay by Third Parties, or error on the part of the Customer.
- (b) The Company cannot be held responsible for the decisions, errors or any other actions of Third Parties involved in the process of rendering the Service or Services provided by the Company. The Customer agrees to indemnify the Company against any consequential loss incurred to the Customer due to errors, omissions or any other actions of the Company, the Customer or Third Parties.
- (c) The Company will not be held liable in the case of default by the Royal Mail. Royal Mail terms and conditions apply.
- (d) Delivery Policy - We generally use Royal Mail for orders under 2kg, and UPS or another courier for orders above this weight. We aim to send all orders out the following working day after they are placed and paid for, otherwise we endeavour to contact the customer to inform them of any potential delays. Delivery times tend to be next working day with the larger orders, and around 2 working days for the smaller orders, but for those sent via Royal Mail we ask that the customer allow 14 working day for UK orders and 24 working days for international orders. It is only after this time which Royal Mail will consider it lost/missing
4. Changes to website
- (a) The Company cannot be held responsible if things change and errors occur before or after information is placed on our website. The Company check regularly to see if the Company need to update or correct any information or prices. If there are any changes or updates required, the Company will update the website as urgently as possible.
- (b) If the customer has placed any orders after this time, the Company will try their best to notify the Customer of the updates, significant changes or mistakes which affect the Customer.
- (c) In the event that an incorrect price has been entered in error, any order made based on such incorrect price will not be valid. The Customer will be advised of the mistake at the earliest opportunity and then have the option either to pay the correct price or to cancel and receive a full refund of any money the Customer has already paid.
5. The Customer responsibilities
- (a) The person who places the order must be at least 18 years old and is responsible for payment of the total cost of the order.
- (a) The Company cannot be held responsible for any problems, loss, injury or otherwise occurring as a result of omission, error, or oversight by the Customer.
- (b) No liability can be accepted by the Company for any loss, injury or otherwise resulting from natural disasters, war, rioting, strikes, or any other circumstance beyond the Company’s control.
- (c) The company reserves the right to refuse orders at their discretion.
- (d) By placing an order online or otherwise providing us with an email address, you as the Customer authorise the Company to contact you in relation to your booking or enquiry using the contact details the Customer has provided.
7. Returns / Cancellations/Shortages/Damages
- (a) The customer has the right to cancel the contract and return the goods within 28 days of receipt.
- (b) All exchanges/returns must be sent back to us within 28 days of receipt of goods, in their original packaging, and in new condition. Please always include a returns form which can be requested from us via email. Returns will be subject to a 10% re-stocking fee, and shipping costs will not be refunded unless there is fault on our behalf.
- (c) All orders should be thoroughly checked upon receipt, and any shortages/damages reported to us within 24 hours of receipt. Any goods arriving showing any damage at all should be signed for as 'damaged'.
8. Return Policy Kettlebells
Please note - our kettlebells are exempt from exchanges/refunds/replacements based on cosmetic damage from surface impact. They are cast iron kettlebells which are then coated in putty and painted, giving a smooth finish, but also making them susceptible to chipping. Please consider that impact with a hard surface may cause cosmetic damage to the kettlebells. This cosmetic damage is exempt from the warranty, warranty covers structural damage only. Please use soft surfaces when training with kettlebells.
9. Bands Warranty
- The Strength Shop Latex and the Woodys Bands come with a 12-month warranty from the date of purchase. This applies only to the original purchaser and is non transferable. The warranty covers any manufacturing flaws which causes the band(s) to break/split, and also for general use. Exemptions are any use where the band is in direct contact with the ground/floor, i.e. round the bottom of a cage/rack, assisted pull-ups, and resistance sprints. The maximum they should be stretched to is 150% (so 1.5 times normal length). As a clearance line the Strength Shop Rubber Bands are not covered by warranty.
10. Bar Usage Guidelines & Warranties
- With our bars, here are guidelines with regards to usage to reduce any likelihood of damage. We use all our bars in the gym, and have done over long periods of time without any issues. Our philosophy is that any bar, however cheap will last a lifetime if looked after and cared for properly. Similarly, any bar, however expensive/well made, will get damaged through incorrect/improper use. Any usage outwith the guidelines/recommendations below voids any warranties.
- (a) It is not recommended to use any bar for rack pulls. It is in our opinion, the one most common gym lift which damages/bends bars, and should be avoided at all costs.
- (b) Dropping a bar onto the safeties (i.e. when squatting) will have the same effect as rack pulls. We always recommend squatting with human spotters, both for safety, and to stop the bar being dropped on a failed lift. Dropped bars (onto safeties/catchers), rack pulls, and also squat jumps, void all warranties. Any rust or cosmetic blemishes are not covered by warranties. It's is normal that bars will develop some rust over time, but is largely down to the atmospheric conditions of storage/use and also maintenance carried out on them.
- (c) Regardless of the load rating of the bar, please choose the bar most appropriate for the type of lifting it will be getting used for. For the bars rated to 700lbs we generally do not recommend going above around 200kg. For the weightlifting/bastard bars we advise up to 120kg for clean/jerk/snatch or any similar lift where the bar would be dropped from height. Anything heavier than this and we would recommend Strength Shop Elite Weightlifting bars. TheStrength Shop Weightlifting bar(s) and bastard bars, whilst rated to 1500lbs, are essentially weightlifting bars, and we would not recommend using it for very heavy squats/deadlifts (roughly 250kg+. For this we would always recommend the The Bastard Power or the Texas bars). The Bastard Power Bar is recommended for use up to 340kg deadlift and 300kg squat. We never recommend dropping bars when deadlifting, the bar should always be lowered to the floor in a controlled manner.
- (d) When doing jerks/overhead work, always use full rubber bumper plates, and only on proper rubber gym matting at least 18mm thick (not harder style matting like stable mats). Whilst our Olympic bars are fine for the Olympic lifts (good spin in the sleeves, mild flex in the shaft, etc) we'd always recommend the Weightlifting bar if this is predominantly what it is going to be used for. The standard Olympic bars are not designed to be dropped from height, and the sleeves/end bolts will likely become loose in this situation, and the shaft can also bend. NEVER use cast iron plates when doing overhead. Dropping a bar from any height with cast iron plates on will almost always cause it to bend.
- (e) Any bar used in a commercial environment is more susceptible to damage/deterioration purely because of the amount of use it is undergoing, and also because of the fact it is outwith the control of the owner/manager (at least to an extent) how it is being used/cared for by the gym users. It is our belief that bars used in a commercial environment will have to be replaced on an ongoing basis, and it should not be expected that any bar will 'last forever' in a setting like this. We would generally recommend the Bastard Power Bar or Texas Power Bar in situations like this, but of course, it depends on budget and also requirements of the gym. The basic Olympic bar(s) are not recommended for use in commercial environments, and are more suitable for home use. Commercial use would void any warranty of these bars.
- (f) Warranty on Pendlay bars - These will still be covered by a retailers 6-month warranty but due to the liquidation of the suppliers in March 2016 any further warranties are now void.
(g) Extended warranties on Strength Shop bars - The warranty covers against bending of the shaft, and knurling defects. Sleeves are covered for a 3-yr period. Bars will be returned to base at the customers expense, and will be replaced or repaired upon receipt. Warranty is valid with an order number/receipt for the purchasing customer only, and is non-transferable. They are covered for damage during what is considered 'normal' usage and within the guidelines as detailed in section 10 of the T&C's. They should always be used with full rubber bumper plates on rubber matting or platforms. They should not be used in situations where they can be dropped on pins/safeties, such as squatting in cages, or rack pulls. They should not be dropped while deadlifting, and doing so will void any warranty. Bars should never be left loaded with plates, however light/small for any length of time. Cosmetic issues are not covered. Bars will be replaced a maximum of one time, if a replacement (or a credit) is issued it will void any further warranties on that item/bar, or in conjunction with item(s) purchased using the credit.
11. Strength Shop Bumper Plate Warranty
The Strength Shop Rubber Bumper Plates come with a 10-year warranty from date of purchase against splitting/cracking of the plates. This does not include loosening of the bushings, the 5kg or 50kg bumper plates, or any of the other styles of plates which we sell. It does not cover any cosmetic flaws/defects which do not in any way affect the use of the plates. Upon manufacturing there are often 'seal' marks/seams which are normal and do not affect the plates. To qualify for warranty the bumpers must be used on rubber matting at least 18mm thick (not harder style matting like stable mats). Smaller plates should never be loaded on the outside of the bumper plates, and this will void the warranty. The warranty is non transferable and any returns must be sent back to us at the customers expense. Upon receipt we will send out replacements at our cost. Bumper plates will be replaced a maximum of one time, if a replacement is issued it will void any further warranties on that item/plate. Outdoor use voids warranty.
12. Strength Shop Ballista Warranty
The Strength Shop Ballistas come with a 1-year warranty from date of purchase against splitting, or other defects which are due to defective workmanship. It does not cover any cosmetic flaws/defects which do not in any way affect the use of the Ballista. The warranty is non transferable and any returns must be sent back to us at the customers expense. Upon receipt we will send out a replacement at our cost.
Supplement purchases are covered by the same policies/terms as the other items in that they can be returned within 14 days but only providing they are unopened, unused, and in resalable condition. If they have been opened and the taste or consistency is not to the consumers liking it is not possible to return them for either refund or exchange.
14. Other warranty information
(a) The Riot and Deluxe Glute Ham Developers have a 3-yr warranty against manufacturing defects. This does not include pads. The compact and standard GHD come with a 6-month warranty.
(b) Lat Row Bench - Care should always be taken to lower the bar/handles in a controlled manner to avoid damaging the bench/frame. Any bending of the frame from dropping/uncontrolled lowering will not be covered by warranty.
(c) The Riot lever buckles come with a lifetime warranty, on a return to base policy after 6-months. These would be returned at the customers expense. Upon issue of one replacement any further claims/warranty is voided.
15. Governing Law
The Contract shall be interpreted and governed in accordance with Scottish law in force.