DetailsTexas power bar - Now available from within the UK at a great price. The Texas power bar is one of the best their is, and are designed to last unlike generic/cheaper bars. The Texas power bars were developed by Buddy Capps (a Texas powerlifter) more than 30 years ago and have become the standard in powerlifting. Sleeves are made up of one piece construction with no bolts to lose and have brass bushings that never require maintenance. This bar can be put into any application without worry, one of the strongest most robust bars on the market, and virtually maintenance free. Manufactured by Capps Welding, and shaft is coated with zinc oxide which means they're not slippy and weakened (which it is believed the process of chroming does), and shaft is not prone to rust like the standard 'unfinished' Texas Power Bars. Testimonial - "Received the Texas Power Bar yesterday and performed my first workout with it, now I have to admit that I was a bit dubious about spending £300 on a Barbell as I thought that a Barbell is a Barbell right? surely there couldn't be that much difference between the basic Barbell that came with the Olympic Weight Set that I'd always used before could there? but the more I looked into it the more I thought that I needed to take a chance and try out a high quality bar! just to see if there was any real difference, well let's just say that I was stunned at the difference between my old (cheap) Olympic Barbell and the Texas Power Bar, it is ultimately superior in every aspect, it's given me the greatest workout I've ever experienced, to say I'm pleased with the Barbell would be the greatest understatement I've ever made! the Texas Power Bar is superb and more than worth the price you charge for it, (which is the cheapest in the U.K.) thanks for supplying yet another world class piece of kit."
Customer Reviews 8 item(s)
- The Porsche 911 of Barbells
Absolutely worth the extra cash. As any experienced lifter will know, if there's one area not to scrimp on - it's the barbell.
A good barbell will stand the test of time and this does exactly that, with it's aggressive knurling, neat oxide coating and thick-buckled smoothly rotating chrome-covered sleeves. This bar is not only for elite powerlifters, this is a general use bar although it will take a few weeks to get used to the deep knurling.
Dispatched and delivered within a few days; the Strength Shop service, especially during this pandemic, has been nothing short of outstanding.
- Must have for serious powerlifters
- Have always used old Texas bars in the gym. During the Coronavirus and adapting to home training I new I had to get the Texas bar. Absolutely beautiful bar and tough as they come. Ordered on a bank holiday, arrived on Wednesday, phenomenal service during the current crisis.
- Best bar for your bucks
Best purchase ever - upgraded from a basic York bar that hand little or no knurling, so always used chalk. I've never had to do this with the Texas.
Use this for Squats, Deads and Bench. Hands do get roughed up now and then, but the aggressive knurling helped you dig deeper for rep.
Deadlift version of this bar is longer and has more whip. This is pretty solid and though had a bend under load, returns true every time.
Totally worth it and holds its value - I've seen used ones sell for close to new price from Strength Shop. Best price on market.
Only negative was UPS delivered and tube was ripped open. But bar okay, just unlucky with courier.
Used this bar at a new gym that was set up. You can NEVER complain this bar has no knurling. Great for deadlifts, not too whippy, suitable for deadlifts, bench, squats, shoulders...
An EXCELLENT all-round bar, regardless of money. The price is just another reason to buy this over other bars.
On the downside, I have ripped the skin off my thumbs and shins.
- WORTH IT
- I got this bar 2 months back after much consideration of cheaper and more expensive bars. It still cost me a pretty penny once converted to euros but I've only got one word. Exellent! I love the feel and the knurling is superb. Some reports say too sharp but has caused no issue for me squatting or heavy deads for reps. If you're thinking of spending 300 on a bar wait a little while and get this. Other bars I've used dont compare.My only worry now is that competition bars live up to it. Chris/Ireland./ thanks lads
- You can feel the quality
You would think a bar was a bar, but try squatting with over 200kg with a standard gym bar and you'll soon see the problem with the camber left in the bar for the next poor punter who is looking to do olympic lifts with it and the beautiful camber you've just left in it.
With this bar you can feel the quality as soon as you pick it up. The deep knurl makes it feel secure in your hands and the weight and balance just feels 'right'.
The only downside is that knurling has been known to chafe a few necks with our members if used directly on bare skin, but just toughen up, stick on a high necked t-shirt or use a lifting bar for squats and keep this for deadlifts, rows and presses.
And the slight ridging on the sleeve pretty much makes collars redundant for most moves (obviously excluding olympic lifts).
Quite simply, if you ever get a chance to use one of these bars, you'll instantly know what all the fuss is about.
It might seem expensive, but if you are serious about your
- cheapest in the UK !
- Texas power bars are the best value for money bar there is, Strengthshop are the cheapest by far, I looked all over the internet in the UK and this is the cheapest by a long chalk, serious trainers only need apply !
- Texas Power Bar
- I received this bar two weeks ago. The team at strength shop need to be thanked for the speed of delivery and quality of service. As I complete in strongman I demand high quality equipment. This bar is exceptional quality, the deep knurling ensures perfect grip every lift. The bearings rotate smoothly and there is no play, again this highlights the quality. I would recommend this bar to any serious strength athlete as it is well worth the money.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £649.99
Special Price £599.99