DetailsOlympic Swiss Bar
Rated to 200kg
10kg in weight
Handle spacing 160mm/360mm/560mm
1300mm collar to collar
Customer Reviews 8 item(s)
- Wide variety of uses
This bar has quickly become one of my favourite bits of kit. It's really comfortable to press and row with, even for clients who have shoulder and/or elbow issues, and the lightness of it makes it very useful for coaching beginners.
I've used it for bench rows, bench presses, bent over rows, Pendlay rows, press-ups, presses, curls, triceps extensions and even on top of the power rack for neutral grip chin-ups - I'm sure there are plenty more ways to use it, too.
Well worth the investment.
£100 for a bar which will add massive variety to your training and take some stress off your shoulders when pressing? It's a no brainer.
I've had swiss bars from other companies and spent far more only to be disappointed when they breakdown prematurely or have been made to the wrong spec.
The bar is also light enough to teach those with minimal upper body strength and work up more slowly.
- Swiss Bar rules if you have shoulder issues.
Was having terrible shoulder problems. Couldn't press intensively for the last year with my Olympic bar because pronate grip means internally rotated shoulders. Thought the Swiss bar might help. It did, and then some. The Swiss Bar arrived promptly. Immediately put it through its paces. The neutral grip allows me to press, incline, close grip bench, without hurting my shoulders. Also find the Swiss Bar very useful for Pendlay rows, which I like to do for high reps like 20, to balance all the pushing movements.
Because of its tubular construction, it is 10kg. It doesn't have rotating sleeves, but neither has my Axle. It can certainly handle anything I can throw at it(up to 130kg rows, which get unceremoniously dropped, since they are explosive Pendlay style). And the price is so low. You can hardly put a price on pain free shoulders, being able to sleep on your side etc. This is a really great product.
- almost perfect
great bar apart for the fact that its hollow. one of the lads at my gym dropped this bar with a 20kg and 10kg plates each side and the collars bent out of shape.
apart from that its a good bit of kit to have, get a lot of good work done with it
- This bar is a great buy for the price. As well as pressing and curling it is excellent for bent over rows. As ever the service is top notch; I ordered Sunday night and it arrived on Tuesday morning.
- Great bar for usage, value, injuries, not so great finish
- Great for a few exercises where clients have had shoulder and elbow problems. There was a sharp bit of metal that stuck out and cut my thumb (and needed filing down), great buy though value wise as theres some companies charging much more and defo a bar I use at least twice a week
- Great bar for the price
- Really nice barbell. Ads variety to bench routines which will save your shoulders in the long run. Can also be used for rows and overhead press work and its great for JM presses. Can't stress the level of customer service enough. Ordered on Wednesday, got it by Friday. Far superior to any other company I've ordered from and cheaper shipping.
- Nice bar.
- Nice bar, really adds variety to your benchpress workouts as well as other exercises too !