Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Wish I had done it sooner
- Delivery was very fast despite a mess up by the shipping company and communication was excellent. My only real gripe is that I got the garage cage and every picture shows it with numbered holes Mine does not have this but a bit of chalk and I have marked all the holes I use. Also, not really a complaint but I received a pair of 25kg plates which aren't part of the description, not sure if this was a misload of my pallet of if the description is out of date. Missing the spring collars too but they were destined for the bin anyway. On the whole I am pleased and wish I had built a home gym sooner and this package was a great value way to get this done. Strength Shop has since sorted my issues and I am more than impressed with the service.
- Best set deal around
There are two things worth talking about with respect to my order:
1) Tremendous service. I ordered the kit early morning, was told it was dispatched later that day and I received everything the following afternoon. Another thing worth noting - I emailed early evening with a question, strengthshop replied within a couple of hours (outside of business hours too). This is *by far* the best experience I have had from any fitness store.
2) The kit itself. The kit is essentially as described - both the cast iron and bumper plates are of solid quality, I have no reason to believe they'll be going anywhere any time soon. The rubber mats were surprising - I had actually originally planned on not bothering with any and just trying to be careful with the carpet, on reflection that's incredibly stupid. The mats are well worth it and the two provided here are more than big enough for deads, squatting or whatever else you're looking to protect the floor from.
I opted for the black-oxide bar which scratches easily, particularly with the basic spring collars -- if I was to order again I might ask to upgrade the collars to something with a smoother action but the scratching on the ends is only an aesthetic 'problem' that I don't really care about in any case.
The rack seems solid. I haven't went above 80kg on it yet, but at that there were no hints of problems with it moving around or anything else. On the lowest height I wouldn't say it's a stretch to bench with (I'm 6'0) but you'll certainly be racking a bit higher than you might like if you're going high weights to failure - so make friends with a spotter (goes without saying anyway really, this is perfectly functional but it's not a cage). Other than that, there are plenty of regular intervals to move the height around and it quickly packs down into something that can sit against the wall taking up no space.
Highly recommended, keep it up guys.
- Wish I'd bought it sooner
- I've been debating whether to take the home gym plunge for a while, finally ordered this package on Sunday night and received it on Wednesday morning (would have been Tuesday if not for the bank holiday). Everything is of excellent quality and for those of you worried about space at home this package packs down to practically nothing. The squat rack is perfect, rocks back a tiny bit when you rack a bench press but it nothing a bumper plate on the base cant solve. The bar is fantastic and the weights are all of good quality, especially the bumpers. The mats are solid enough to squat off (thought I was going to have to find some plywood but thankfully not) and are wide enough to protect the whole floor while deadlifting. Just make sure your ceilings are high enough for pressing ;)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £1,136.86
Special Price £999.99
Regular Price: £602.88
Special Price £529.99
Regular Price: £214.93
Special Price £184.99
Regular Price: £461.90
Special Price £399.99