Customer Reviews 22 item(s)
- Solid value bar benefits from regular maintenance
I have had this bar for two and a half years now it has worn well and been a good starter bar for me
The black oxide coating is still intact maybe helped as I give it a wipe with wd40 periodically as it lives in the garage gym
One thing I would recommend is to strip the bar early on and grease the contact points and end cap threads as mine was pretty rusty and dry when I serviced it last week plus one side had an inner tube and the other didn’t not sure why.
- Yet again awesome equipment at a great price, twice now my delivery has turned up the next day and couldn't be happier with it. Both the bar and plates are of better quality then most commercial gyms couldn't reccomend this company enough.
- Great quality
- Really happy with this bar, good knurling, good spin, great price and feels solid. Made transition from gym to home gym a very good (and affordable) experience. Delivery was very fast also considering it was a bank holiday weekend when I ordered. Will order from strengthshop again for certain. Great quality products and delivery.
- really nice bar
- Bought the 2028 bar as the first bar in my new home powerlifting gym. Fantastic bar, lovely finish and good knurling. Feels great in the hands and nice spin from the sleeves. Slight flex which I like too. Great service and delivery from strength shop as ever.
- For the price you can't do better
I was debating getting a Texas Power Bar to replace a basic olympic bar that came with the my weights set.
But I'm no where near strong enough(and I'm no powerlifter just do general bodybuilding training) to justify the price of a TPB and got this bar instead not expecting much for the price but I was surprised in a good way this is great and will serve me for years to come, the grip and knurling is great and it feels A LOT better in the hand than my old barbell looks great too.
In this price range you cannot do better I'd buy another one no questions asked and would recommend it to anyone. Great product and fast delivery!
I'm really glad I got this instead of the TPB as I have saved a lot of £££.
- Good budget bar
Bought this bar for using in the work gym, good knurling, reasonably sharp, good spin too. It does have a bit of flex in it but for this price, you won't get a better bar.
Might add that the guys in the warehouse are helpful, and promptly reply to any questions you may have. Will def use strength shop again. My only gripe? I hate the logo.
- Brilliant as expected.
Great bar for the price, could really feel the difference in grip from using some crappy bars at my gym. I won't be deadlifting with anything else for the foreseeable.
I expect nothing less from The Strength Shop.
- Brillant bar + value
- Really good value for money, quality bar - nice and thin, vicious knurling (takes some getting used to but provides good grip), well worth the money
- No chalk required
- Very aggressive knurling which is needed for static lifts. Has bent ever so slightly but is what I'd expect for a budget bar. Use it my home gym and I've no complaints so far (used 3x per week for last 8/9 weeks. Strongly recommend this bar for powerlifting training and would use strength shop again without a doubt.
- Nice knurling, not too smooth and not too sharp. I frequently do band deadlifts with this bar, but have tried benching and squatting etc with it as well. I would be happy to have up to about 170/180kg on this bar. Fantastic bar for the majority of uses. Good price too!
- Well worth it.
- Bar arrived promptly. Wanted a bar with more flex to complement my York Power Bar. The latter is so stiff that it is totally "dead. The sleeves have way more spin than the power bar, another nice touch. So far have only done a few stiff leg deads to over three plates, snatches and power cleans to over a plate. Feels great: a lot more lively than the bars I am used to. Because the bar is a little thinner than the power bar, can really wrap my thick fingers around it. Even better, my bar was sold very cheap as "seconds" because the knurling wasn't perfectly even. My callused paws hardly notice the difference. The matte chrome finish seems to make the grip even more solid. Amazing value from Strengthshop.
- Good bar for a low price
- This is without a doubt the best bar we have used from this price range. The black oxide finish makes it much grippier than chrome bars and the knurling is better than most budget bars too.
- Amazing Bar For The Price
- I've been using this bar for several months as my primary bar. For the price I was expecting a lot less. This bar is rugged, well put together and has very course knurling. The value for the money is extremely good.
- Great product, flawless service
As noted by previous reviewers, the value of this bar is difficult to beat. Excellent knurling, neither too deep nor too shallow. The coating makes it less slippery than chrome, and I have substantially reduced my consumption of chalk since I've been using it. Good spin also, and moderate flex, which allows for use both for Oly lifts and for powerlifting. All in all, I'm definitely very happy with my purchase.
To top it off, it was shipped the same day I bought it, and received it in my home (in continental Europe, so extra merit) in just two days. Will definitely be buying more from strenth shop!
Nothing new here... Excellent bar for the money. Nothing compares literally. Nice knurling, not as deep as the Texas Power Bar, but covers the FULL length of the bar even at the very ends. Very nice colour and finish, the end caps hold the sleeves and not move AT ALL and the spin is very smooth..
Not tested at big weights yet, but its a decent cousin of the more expensive long-time tested bars..
- very impressed
- What a bar for the money! I'll be having more of these. Best Ive used short of a texas power bar!
- Great bar, great price
- What can I say about this bar apart from, great bar at a great price! The build quality is top notch, good amount of knurling and the spin is good. You get a 28mm diameter which you don't get with most other bars in this price range. For the price this bar cannot be beaten and this is why I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality olympic bar without paying the £££..
- Great bar for the price
- The bar has a great feel for a cheaper bar. First session on it I deadlifted up to a 260kg triple and it felt really good, grip never in doubt with the sharper knurling you don't usually get at this kind of price. I then did some lighter 60kg power cleans and again the bar felt really good. Nice one!
- Olympic Bar Black Oxide
- Had mine now for around 6 months. Bar is kept outside so is exposed to the elements, but still performs great. Love the amount of Knurling, for the price it cant be beaten.
- Great bar for the price
- I've had this bar for 6 months or so now since I left the gym at Grangemouth Stadium and built my home gym, and it really has performed brilliantly. While it might not last as long as a Texas Power Bar, or it doesn't have as much whip as an Eleiko Olympic Bar when performing Cleans & Snatches, it is incredible value for money. Would buy another in a heartbeat.
- Quality of the bar
- I purchased the 28mm bar as we have used various commercial Olympic bars but I wanted to try the oxide bar for Olympic lifts for myself and my clients. The first noticeable difference is the grip, particularly with the snatch, and the ease of grip on 1RM deadlifts. Much more stability and control! For the price range you can't go wrong, a big thank you from point blank fitness.
- Olympic Bar - Black Oxide Coated Review
- Purchased one these bars recently from Strength Shop specifically for deadlifting as I am a competitive powerlifter in Ireland. The 28mm bar diameter is excellent for easier gripping rather than the normal thicker 30mm bars. The knurling is good, though could be a little better, however the black oxide finish definitely makes up for this as it is much better than chrome for gripping, being a lot less slippy. The bar has a nice amount of flex in it when deadlifting, (only been up to 160kg so far with it!), and the sleeves spin well. The end cap design makes for low maintenance, not having to tighten the sleeves. A top quality bar for a very reasonable price.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £234.99
Special Price £199.99
Regular Price: £199.99
Special Price £179.99